• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? CT
My lawyer told me that when I reach my maximum medical improvement, I will receive a rating from my doctor. Once I get this rating I was told there is a book to go by to determine my total permant partial disability according to my rating and injury type. And from this I receive a set amount of compensation for a certain number of weeks according to my injury type and rating. Where can I find this book to find out what I am going to be entitiled to?



pssssssstt.................It's a secret book..........and from what I understand you will never get to see it..and from what I have seen the ratings are scored very low....good luck..I am waiting on mine as well.


Senior Member
Books such as "Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment" by the American Medical Association will be used to determine your impairment. These types of books will not tell you how much your compensation will be. Your compensation is determined by the wokers' compensation laws of CT, not an impairment guideline book that doctors use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential