• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mn. Sister broke leg at home-had 3 drinks-B/C wont pay-say its self inflicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flyer1

alcoholic pilots have feelings too !!

Thats funny.At the end of the day, which profession is more likely to be hanging over the bar ? I havn't enjoyed the free council there in 10 years.
So I'll ramble on.."a good paper boy contributes more to society than a bad brain surgeon ,or lawyer" Only the facts Mam.
So I looked up Diatribe... bitter with mallace ??? I dont feel that way ,and I appreciate the chat and help on this forum.

Last edited:

lkc15507

Poster, I actually skipped most of the replies since my first post, ....so if I miss a major point or two, please forgive me. But, I really didn't need to read much besides the first posts to formulate my original answer or this response. (I did read your response immediately after mine.) In your original post, you stated she was drinking and therefore the insurer denied the claims on the basis of "self inflicted" injury. Please re-read my first post. My answer has or had nothing to do with propriety and / or social issues. Plain fact: the plan that covered her at the time can define words such as "illegal", "self-inflicted", etc. Now you need to read that plan book and determine how that plan did define those words. I don't care if she was drunk as ten Indians on a holiday (ooh boy can't wait), her situation must be applied to the definition in the plan book. I don't care if she was sober as a judge. You have to compare the situation to the definition in the plan book. Health insurance is a contract. The terms of such will be / should be defined in the plan book. You need to totally forget what you think is a moral issue and apply what is the way it is. Otherwise, you / she loses. Read your plan book, learn. All I can say. lkc15507

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">