• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AutobahnSHO

What is the name of your state?I bought a mobile home in Logan, Utah. In April 2000 I defaulted on the loan.
I kept calling the lender to find out how and when to pay. They never answered, they never sent me any notices or contacted me whatsoever. I kept my address up to date.

Now I get a notice from a collection agency for the full $34k.

Since the home has been sold, shouldn't they subtract the sale price from the money I owe?

Besides contesting the full amount with the collection agency, what are my other options?

Thank you,

HomeGuru

AutobahnSHO said:
What is the name of your state?I bought a mobile home in Logan, Utah. In April 2000 I defaulted on the loan.
I kept calling the lender to find out how and when to pay. They never answered, they never sent me any notices or contacted me whatsoever. I kept my address up to date.

**A: if you sent a certifed rrr letter then you would have written evidence of your contacting them. Notwithstanding, read your loan docs and you will see that the lender had every right to do what they did, when they did and how they did it.
Now I get a notice from a collection agency for the full $34k.

Since the home has been sold, shouldn't they subtract the sale price from the money I owe?

**A: no, they were assigned a set collection amount and would only subtract the amount you pay them from the total amount due and owing.

Besides contesting the full amount with the collection agency, what are my other options?

**A: pay up, negotiate a settlement or move to Germany under an assumed name.

Thank you,
**A: no problem.

A

AutobahnSHO

I understand that the collection agency won't change what's due, however,

A.
Shouldn't the lender
1. subtract the money they made from the resale,
2. add however much they spent to collect from me,
3. charge me the rest? :confused:

B. I'm 29 yrs old with a few other (small) bad credit marks. I had around $23k on my W-2 for last year and don't anticipate any large salary increases. This debt will take me a LONG time to pay off, can I do bankruptcy for just one debt? (This one) :mad:

C. If I were to become a fugitive, Germany is not high on the list of places I'd live. It's pretty but the people are sorta cold and the society is- well, stuffy. :D

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

AutobahnSHO said:
C. If I were to become a fugitive, Germany is not high on the list of places I'd live. It's pretty but the people are sorta cold and the society is- well, stuffy. :D

My response:

Those lousy, Jerry, Hun *******s!

Find a Kraut for me, and shoot the son-of-a-bitch! We'll grease the treads of our tanks with their guts! Then, head for Berlin. At the Schutstaffel, you'll find the plans for Hitler's bunker. Locate it, and blow him up! We'll win the war!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">