• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mobile home park rules for one or all?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen232

What is the name of your state? south carolina. I live in a mobile home park and recieved a letter today regular mail from the owner of the park saying i had to get rid of any animals i have and a small pond boat on a trailor in the front yard. my dogs are inside dogs and only go outside in my fenced back yard to go to the bath room. no one else in the park has gotten this letter for some reason i have been singled out. other people also have boats and big boats at that in there yard but because they have planted flowers in the yard they were told they could keep there boats. i have chose not to plant anything but keep a clean cut yard. can the park owner single out one person or do the rules have to be for everyone. my neighbor has FIVE dogs and nothing has been said to her or anyone else i have talked to that has pets.. seems i am just on the "list to be picked on this month". I feel like if she is going to set rules then everyone should have the same rules not different rules for different people. thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jen232 said:
none. zero. there is nothing but trees and grass in the yard other than the boat

My response:

Then, you should seriously consider placing a refrigerator and, at least, two toilets out in the yard. Doing so will complete the stereotype!

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Then, you should seriously consider placing a refrigerator and, at least, two toilets out in the yard. Doing so will complete the stereotype!

IAAL
you forgot the junkyard dog.

jen232

thats sort of a mean reply. I am a single mom of three kids making it own my own with three children. my husband ran off with someone else and i am doing the best i can. my home is brand new and doesn fit your profile of a "trailor". I went on this for help and advise not to be put down.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jen232 said:
thats sort of a mean reply.

MY RESPONSE: Well, just sort of.

I am a single mom of three kids making it own my own with three children.

MY RESPONSE: Saying it twice in the same sentence doesn't make it any better.

my husband ran off with someone else and i am doing the best i can.

MY RESPONSE: He ran off because he didn't like your incomplete outdoor decorations. I'm sure he wanted a toilet out there.

my home is brand new and doesn fit your profile of a "trailor".

MY RESPONSE: Sure it does. It has wheels under it. By the way, it's spelled "trailer."

I went on this for help and advise not to be put down.

MY RESPONSE: You're the one who started writing about your dog situation, and then, for some unknown reason, you found it necessary to mention the fact that you had a boat and trailer in your yard. Why was that? Were you trying to make me laugh? So, since you decided to mention the boat and trailer in your yard, for no apparent reason, I wanted to know if you also had a refrigerator and some toilets out there too!

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

longneck

jen232 said:
I feel like if she is going to set rules then everyone should have the same rules not different rules for different people. thank you
is there a published set of community rules? what do they say about pets, boats, plants, etc?

BL

longneck said:
is there a published set of community rules? what do they say about pets, boats, plants, etc?
Well , I was thinking she's Been singled out because there is no flowers planted to ruin , in order to get the Boat out , and the neighbors probably say her dog starts it

jen232

no there is no published set of rules about dogs or boats. animals are allowed and she picks and chooses who can have the boats. I am thinking you cant tell one person they cant have animals or boats in the yard but allow others to do so. I would think that is discrimination. that what ever rules apply for one should apply for all.

BL

Yep , I'm think'in you should plant Flowers . , or Get Notorized statements from the neighbors in the same " boat " that aren't being hassled .

longneck

also, wait for her to give you written warning about these issues. take the statements that BL suggests and write a letter back to her saying that since the community has no published rules regarding these requests and no one else has been asked to comply with these types of requests (see included statements from other homeowners), you respectfully decline to comply at this time.

ENASNI

longneck said:
also, wait for her to give you written warning about these issues. take the statements that BL suggests and write a letter back to her saying that since the community has no published rules regarding these requests and no one else has been asked to comply with these types of requests (see included statements from other homeowners), you respectfully decline to comply at this time.

I concur...

jen232

i am always liable is an *******. and must be jealous because he cant afford a boat. and the boat sits on a trailer dip**** that is why one is in the yard. and for as many ugly respones as you but on this website you must not have much of a life, but then again i can understand why

jen232 said:
i am always liable is an *******. and must be jealous because he cant afford a boat. and the boat sits on a trailer dip**** that is why one is in the yard. and for as many ugly respones as you but on this website you must not have much of a life, but then again i can understand why
Another satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">