• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home Purchase Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kthomp66

What is the name of your state? OH

So I closed on a refurbished mobile home on 8/31/18. The seller/landlord/property manager said that everything was being refurbished due to black mold, and that the hot water tank and furnace were “certified.”
Today I had my HVAC guy in to light the pilot, and he found a crack in the heat exchange, and said that it cannot be patched. It would cost $2400 to have the furnace replaced. We paid $10,000 for it. Due to it being refurbished, I took their word that everything would be fixed upon move in, which is what they told me. Im wondering what kind of legal recourse I have if for some reason they don’t back their certification. I stopped in today and caught the property manager, as well as her corporate manager, and they both confirmed that they do have them certified and that the units shills be working withough any issues, but they seemed uncertain as to whether or not they would replace it if it is not. Do I even have any legal recourse here? Everything was word of mouth, but I have plenty of witnesses confirming that they did, in fact, certify it all.
banks in advance.

HRZ

ABsent a written representation in the deal that the units were in good operating order I suspect you have ultra weak position...HOWEVER a cracked heat exchanger renders a unit unfit for safe living and there may be an express warranty of habitability .

For the amount in question, $2400, you might be smart to get some paid legal advice with copies of the deal in front of them to read.

adjusterjack

"Certified" means nothing when somebody is selling you something. You still need to check it out thoroughly before buying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">