• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mobile Home Sale - Attaching Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? AZ

My mother is moving into an assisted living facility soon. She plans to sell her mobile home. She does not own it outright - she has been paying monthly payments to the person who owns it. She leases the land from the park.

She has an incredible amount of debt that she can't pay. The debt is mostly medical bills, as well as a repo'd car and a bogus gym debt that she never fought - she's on SSD for many types of mental illnesses. I didn't find out about this debt until my grandparents asked me to take over her care a couple of years ago and to try to help her out of debt. They didn't know the extent either back then of her debt.

What I'd like to know is whether a mobile home can have liens attached to it. I understand that the home has a title, and is considered a motor vehicle (even though it has no engine...). Can a creditor attach her home and not let her sell it until she pays that creditor? I don't know if any of them have, or if they can.

Thank you,
Kathy

JETX

"Can a creditor attach her home and not let her sell it until she pays that creditor?"
*** Yes. There is the inherent lien by the owner of that note. Also, any creditor who has obtained a judgment against he can file a judgment lien against her assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">