• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

Why would this be moderated?

From the ABA. https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/migrated/safeselling/content/

Can I link to another site’s content?
Your can direct your visitors to useful information elsewhere on the Internet by providing links to other sites where such information appears. Linking is a way to enhance the usability of a website because it can take a user directly and quickly to something they are looking for. However, links can inadvertently infringe copyrights or trademarks owned by the linked site, if they duplicate the information contained in the linked page and incorporates it, sometimes “framed” by the material behind it. A link should simply transport the visitor to the other site, without repeating the content found there.

quincy

Your quote of copyright-protected material, although attributed to its source, appeared to be too much material to be considered a fair use. Providing the link and quoting small portions is different than republishing significant portions of the content.

Fair use, as a note, is a defense to copyright infringement and not permission to use the copyright-protected material.

I provided in the other thread a link to the ABA’s intellectual property rights policy.

The moderator reviewed your posts and edited the amount of content that you quoted.

Last edited:

quincy

The “Do Not Talk to the Police” video posted by adjusterjack has been approved for publication by the copyright holder. Your video wasn’t.

It is important to check the copyrights on material and the permissions granted by the copyright holders before publishing copyright-protected material.

PayrollHRGuy

Since the video I uploaded had a share button that automated sharing on a number of sites and email I'd have to disagree.

And I'm not the person that caused the video to be actually presented on the FA. FA was.

quincy

Since the video I uploaded had a share button that automated sharing on a number of sites and email I'd have to disagree.

And I'm not the person that caused the video to be actually presented on the FA. FA was.
Right. The FA software will automatically create live links - and this is not a problem when what is linked to does not violate FA policies and/or intellectual property rights.

Your video violated both copyright protection and FA terms of use. Hence its removal from your post by the moderator.

PayrollHRGuy

Right. The FA software will automatically create live links - and this is not a problem when what is linked to does not violate FA policies and/or intellectual property rights.

Your video violated both copyright protection and FA terms of use. Hence its removal from your post by the moderator.
No, it didn't. I was a link that YT and the Copyright holder made available for just such a purpose.

quincy

No, it didn't. I was a link that YT and the Copyright holder made available for just such a purpose.
Whatever the case, the moderator of this forum found your video violated the rules on this site and it was removed.

If you have a problem with the removal or editing of your content - and you apparently do - use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of this page and discuss your issue with the administrators of this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">