• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moderation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whoops2u

What is the name of your state? CA

I was reported in a thread by another member in error. But, even in threads other than that one, some of my posts seem to be missing. If it is because of moderation, would I be notified?

I know I've written in some threads and even see some comments by other forum members that addresses some portion of what I recall I wrote. (Otherwise, I'd just think I made an error in uploading.) Yet, my post does not always show up.

I've re-read the rules and don't think what I recall was in some of the missing posts are in violation.

Am I losing my mind or are the Gods of the Forum disappointed with me in some way?

quincy

What is the name of your state? CA

I was reported in a thread by another member in error. But, even in threads other than that one, some of my posts seem to be missing. If it is because of moderation, would I be notified?

I know I've written in some threads and even see some comments by other forum members that addresses some portion of what I recall I wrote. (Otherwise, I'd just think I made an error in uploading.) Yet, my post does not always show up.

I've re-read the rules and don't think what I recall was in some of the missing posts are in violation.

Am I losing my mind or are the Gods of the Forum disappointed with me in some way?
I noticed that a very good post by you in the "Dog Attack" thread was removed and I was puzzled by its removal. I thought perhaps you deleted it for some reason. Is this one of the posts you are talking about?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Honestly, I've had posts disappear too. Some that I could understand, but some were very innocuous. I've never received feedback from admin on posts that have been deleted, except on the very rare occasions that I have been asked to take a break.

quincy

Honestly, I've had posts disappear too. Some that I could understand, but some were very innocuous. I've never received feedback from admin on posts that have been deleted, except on the very rare occasions that I have been asked to take a break.
Not too long ago, I questioned the removal of some of my (generally older) posts.

One post removal especially puzzled me because I had provided a link to the SCOTUS blog and an important US Supreme Court Opinion. I was told my post had been reported by someone because they thought it might attract unwanted advertising. ??? My post was later returned to its original place.

It was explained to me at that time that posts were being removed if they were responses to necroposters, or if they were spam or responses to spam postings, or if they were responses to reported/deleted posts, or if the posts violated the terms of service.

Last edited:

Whoops2u

Thank you both for your replies. If I were a drinking man, I would have been profoundly concerned that I might be hitting the sauce a little hard. Now, I can feel my memory is still slightly intact while I argue with myself about the vicissitudes of the Great Birds of the Galaxy who run this joint.

Just Blue

Sometimes an OP doesn't "like" advice and report the post. Many times that post will be put back by admin...but not always. Years ago Carl was advising in the DV forum...the OP didn't like his LEGALLY and MORALLY correct advice. She started reporting every post he made...not only to her thread but to others. I told her to "cut the shit" , she started doing the same thing to me. She was banned for life and all post (xcept my cursing one) were returned.

Whoops2u

Occasionally I got a response back from "she who must not be named" saying they took care of a post I reported. Hasn't much happened of late.
I assume that is a reference to a moderator. If so, may she be clear my "Great Birds of the Galaxy" was a Star Trek reference and not meant as slang to apply to any women who moderate.

:censored: in 3, 2, 1....

quincy

I assume that is a reference to a moderator. If so, may she be clear my "Great Birds of the Galaxy" was a Star Trek reference and not meant as slang to apply to any women who moderate.

... and we notice yet another Whoops2u post has disappeared. Haha.

FlyingRon

In the previous version of the forum, you couldn't say Mary or Martin without it being deleted by the software (as if it were profanity).

Just Blue

In the previous version of the forum, you couldn't say Mary or Martin without it being deleted by the software (as if it were profanity).
That's because "He Who Shall Not Be Named" turned M's name into profanity. He did this with several members as well.

LdiJ

Some issues that might cause you to be scrutinized:

Your description says that you are a "well known" member. That would tend to indicate that you previous poster on the forum under a different name. That would tend to get you more scrutiny to make sure you aren't a formerly banned member.

If you are a new member, you have tended to jump right in and be a bit argumentative with other members, that might tend to get you a bit more scrutiny also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">