• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moderator approval of message

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nelson M.

One of my post has a warning line:

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

May I know what caused this? What are the forbidden list of postings?

LdiJ

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Certain keywords would cause that (mostly vulgar language, but a few others). Having a link in the post would cause that. Keywords that make your post look like an AD would cause that.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

It could mean that someone reported your post. If your post contained identifying information, or links to commercial sources, the moderator might edit that information out.

quincy

ok i see, it was a link to a search result to provide information suggested by another user.
Posts generally are returned to their place in a thread after the moderator has edited the post.

Including commercial links or commercial messages in a post is probably the top reason on this forum for post-reporting and post-editing, followed by post-reporting and post-editing for language that violates the terms of service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">