• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Touché

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I have to write an answer to the courts for my x requesting a lowering of child support. I agree with the 3 points they brought up, and have as follows so far.

I have to file an answer to the modification, I have put the courts header at the top and put the first paragraph as such:

COMES NOW xxxxxxx x. xxxx, the petitioner herein, for the cause of action states the following.

1. Admit

4. Admit

6. Admit

I am now to the paragraph where he prays to the court for the changes and why, I do not know what to put here even though I agree to his changes. I am usure of how to word it, and desperatly need an ending.

Any ideas will be helpful. Please :D and thank you.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I have to write an answer to the courts for my x requesting a lowering of child support. I agree with the 3 points they brought up, and have as follows so far.

I have to file an answer to the modification, I have put the courts header at the top and put the first paragraph as such:

COMES NOW xxxxxxx x. xxxx, the petitioner herein, for the cause of action states the following.

1. Admit

4. Admit

6. Admit

I am now to the paragraph where he prays to the court for the changes and why, I do not know what to put here even though I agree to his changes. I am usure of how to word it, and desperatly need an ending.

Any ideas will be helpful. Please :D and thank you.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy. It can be as simple as "I agree to the changes that the petitioner/defendent (whichever he is) is requesting.

HOWEVER....where are the responses to 2, 3, and 5?

Touché

First thank you for the answer and second on the application for modification he only sited points 1, 4, and 6 so I am putting on my respons that I admit the points.

How does this look?

COMES NOW XXXXXXX X. XXXX, the Petitioner herein, for the cause of action states the

following to-wit:

1. Admit

4. Admit

6. Admit

WHEREFORE, said Petitioner hereby agrees to the changes that the Respondent herein is requesting.

I, XXXXXXX X.XXXX being first duly sworn on oath depose and state that I am the

petitioner in the above matter, that I have read the above and foregoing Application for

Modification of Decree of Dissolution of Marriage, know the contents thereof and that

the statements and allegations contained therein are true and correct as I verily believe.

Also I have since remarried, and my married name is not on this how do I alter this paper so I have my new name on it but keep it pertaining to the old name?

Last edited:

Touché

Ok one final question. These papers were served to me via the sheriffs office, do I have to have it "served" back to him and if so how do I go about doing that, if not can I just send it registered mail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">