• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification / Child Support?? Going back to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unsweetness

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got divorced a few years back and ended up with supervised visitations of my 3 children with my ex wife, after we got divorced she changed her number and blocked me on all social media and she never took my kids to there visitations to see me. Recently, I enrolled in a program at the court house downtown in SA, TX that helps non custodial parents locate the custodial parent to enforce the visitations. Long story short, she kept dodging all of the attorneys attempts to get in contact with her for a mediation. She ended up emailing me saying if me or the lawyer had any questions to contact her lawyer (which was pointless bc not only did she not have a lawyer, she basically admitted to ignoring all of the lawyers attempts at setting up a mediation) She ended up getting served with papers to appear in court, and she got charged with 21 counts of contempt among other things. When we went to court, we both agreed as long as she takes the kids to their visitations everything else with her getting charged will be put off.

Well now, I received a letter in the mail saying we're going back to court because she is raising my child support and i am curious of what I should expect and if I should retain an attorney. Our court order was up for the 3 year review, so does that mean I will be able to try to change our visitation? I only have supervised visits, and I would love to be able to see my kids more than then 4 hours of supervised visitations I get. Also, we have a "caring act' in our divorce decree where the other parent isn't allowed to bad mouth the other on social media, and that we're not allowed to have members of the other sex around the kids overnight. Well obviously all she ever does is talk about me and my family on social media (horrible stuff) and she moved in her new boyfriend right after we got divorced and she posts pictures of him sleeping in the bed with our kids, and how my kids call him dad and so on and they always talk about how I never pay child support (which I do) and how they don't need it anyways. And she's constantly posting about how she buys new makeup right after she receives my child support, buying her boyfriend guns, and buying him a new motorcycle and a new ipad. I have screen shots of everything, should I bring these with me to court? Also, at my visits with the kids everything is recorded and the kids are always telling me and the social worker that's in there that their mom locks them in the room all day when they're in trouble and doesn't let them eat, and she sends them to their visits (9AM-11AM) without having ate breakfast and she gives them a bag of chips and a soda to share between all 3 of them. After she did that the first time, I've been bringing breakfast for them and packed lunches for them to take home after their visits.

When i lookup our court case online I am confused about some of the meanings, so if someone could be more specific for me and give me a better meaning?

I will post them below (they are in order)

MOTION TO MODIFY/OTHER

ATTORNEY GENERAL
SETTING TRIAL ON THE MERITS
(ORDER SETTING HEARING)

CITATION/CHILD SUPPORT

PRECEPT W/HEARING CHILD SUPPORT

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is the one that Q reported because of the personally identifiable information posted. It's possible that it was deleted by admin. by mistake.

Just Blue

This is the one that Q reported because of the personally identifiable information posted. It's possible that it was deleted by admin. by mistake.
I don't think so...It was here last night around 9 or 10 (my time) last night. There were, I *think*, replies to it.

unsweetness

To the unsweet one Why did you get supervised visitation?
Came home from work in the middle of the night to find my ex wife having sex with another man in our bed while our kids were in the room, I dragged him out of the house and it went from there. One of the very many reasons we are divorced

Just Blue

Came home from work in the middle of the night to find my ex wife having sex with another man in our bed while our kids were in the room, I dragged him out of the house and it went from there. One of the very many reasons we are divorced
Let me guess...You didn't have an attorney for the divorce, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">