• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas
My husband's modification hearing is coming up next month. We live 11 hours one way from the county where it's being held. Is it possible to have a phone conference so we won't have to travel? It's in the middle of the week. Also, should we provide proof of all we have paid to support the child? (copies of receipts, cancelled checks, etc) Also, proof that the cs has been overpaid through the court? Thanks for any input..... :eek:

seniorjudge

usedstepmom said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My husband's modification hearing is coming up next month. We live 11 hours one way from the county where it's being held. Is it possible to have a phone conference so we won't have to travel? It's in the middle of the week. Also, should we provide proof of all we have paid to support the child? (copies of receipts, cancelled checks, etc) Also, proof that the cs has been overpaid through the court? Thanks for any input..... :eek:
Phone hearings are sometimes allowed. You waited awfully late to ask for one but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Have y'all's lawyer talk to the other lawyer and the judge and see if this is okay. Do it within...oh...I'd say the next fifteen or twenty minutes. You are WAY behind.

I would just call them and ask. They have always been very helpful to me w/out giving legal advice of course, but for info, they have been good. You probably have the phone # on your paperwork, but just in case, here's a list of the counties. http://www.oag.state.tx.us/child/csfields.shtml

You can also ask them if you can fax your info ahead of time for the phone conference if they'll allow you to have one that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">