• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My ex husband claims that his company car he uses for personal use does not count as income when modifying child support in Iowa. I was told it does. Thanks in advance.


Senior Member
it should be considered as a "fringe benefit" and receive a some dollar amount form when his income is considered.

it doesn't matter what the ex thinks, only what the judge thinks. present it to the judge as a benefit of his employment and ask that a dollar amount be attached to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential