• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Fairfield, Ca

I currently have joint legal/physical custody with my ex-spouse. We split the week straight down the middle and have a signed Marital Settlement Agreement as our order that states we can not make daycare arrangements without the consent and agreement of the other party. My ex-spouse now works varied shifts, including the night shift and swing shift and has made daycare arrangements without my consent. Does this qualify as contempt? Also, he has refused to bring her back at the agreed time, this is definitely contempt. Furthermore, we've had 2 730 mini-evaluations that have recommended sole physical custody to me, but the commissioner has held the matter over for trial, can I request an actual judge? I never signed a waiver to have the commissioner hear the matter.

Finally, my ex-spouse was allowed by this commissioner to set aside a default judgement against him, 16 months after the default was entered, can I get sanctions from him and his attorney, and mine at the time?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential