• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leeanne15

I have a question, a child support order was entered through DCSE in VA a year ago having the other parent pay minimum because they had no income at the time, and recently the other party and I had a custody agreement entered in to a different district In VA and a stipulation in the order was that I would not raise the support for 2 years.. fast forward to now and daycare costs have gone up, The other party now has a FT JOB and I had an injury that put me out of work for a month so I requested a modification through the DCSE where our case is originally through and they granted it asking for financials from myself and the other party can that stipulation In my custody agreement stop it from going through? Because I am being told the judge can not enter a support stipulation into a custody order in the first place because they are two separate matters?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have a question, a child support order was entered through DCSE in VA a year ago having the other parent pay minimum because they had no income at the time, and recently the other party and I had a custody agreement entered in to a different district In VA and a stipulation in the order was that I would not raise the support for 2 years.. fast forward to now and daycare costs have gone up, The other party now has a FT JOB and I had an injury that put me out of work for a month so I requested a modification through the DCSE where our case is originally through and they granted it asking for financials from myself and the other party can that stipulation In my custody agreement stop it from going through? Because I am being told the judge can not enter a support stipulation into a custody order in the first place because they are two separate matters?
It is possible that the stipulation can cause your support not to be raised. Who is telling you the judge cannot enter a support stipulation?

Leeanne15

We had a prior case in 2014 and put support stipulations in and they entered that order everything except the support they took that part out because they told us they were 2 separate matters, and that we would have to file a support modification through DCSE because that is who has our case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">