• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modificaton of final decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Texas
In final order of divorce, my ex husband and I have joint managing conservatorship of our daughter who is now 3 years old. I was given the right to establish primary residence, in other words, "physical custody" rights. He was incarcerated shortly after the divorce was filed, so I allowed the court to issue his mother visitation (standard), while he was in prison.
However, when the divorce was in the process, his mother allowed him to take her without my consent, and he absconded with her. With writ from the judge, I got her back.
His mother apologized and I, in an effort to maintain the realtionship between my daughter and his family, faorgave her and gave her visitation.
Now, the father got out of prison recently, and during visit with grandmother, grandmother filed motion to modify final decree.
I was devastated. It has been in court for 6 months.
They have my daughter once again, and have no grounds to have filed such a suit. Judge issued vague orders, and upon HER request, the judge gave supervised visits. I can only see my daughter in their presence. I have done nothing to my daughter and am guilty of nothing, with regard to parenting her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential