• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modifiction never entered - Need help - MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
Hi, I need help.
My ex and I have made a modification to the child support and received a court order last November. The court order was never been processed by the child support service center. I was still getting a bill from them and called many times to enter the modification. They never did. I went to the office and handed the copy to them in May. I thought everything had been fixed. However this week, I received a letter saying that I haven't made a payment since November and my bank account was garnished for the child support payment which I don't need to pay. I emailed them many times, no reply.... I am not sure what I can do. Do I need to hire an attorney? I am going to the office today again but I don't think they will help me. I don't want to pay for the attorney but I don't know where to go.
Please help....


Senior Member
Stop sending emails instead write on real paper and send another copy of the new order via registered return receipt mail, I say to go that route only because NO one there will be able to argue that it wasn't received since someone is going to have to sign for it.


Junior Member
What state does the order originate? Your post infers the modification says you pay no support. Does your ex receive any government services?

Sponsored Ad