• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modular home surcharge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Noahsma

Are you saying that the fortuitous, yet entirely coincidental, timing of your husband's seizures defines how you treat all other aspects of your life?
Yep. It's my way of coping. Maybe if you experienced something as horrific as I have, you'd understand. Think of the Exorcist.

PayrollHRGuy

In the construction and renovation/repair industries its standard to charge a deposit to be used to purchase the materials.
But this isn't either of those industries. It is the modular home industry which works based on just in time delivery (or at least should) because it is one of the ways they build cheaper than site-built homes.

Noahsma

There has been no building whatsoever. We have a meeting in 2 weeks where we go over everything and actually order the house.

PayrollHRGuy

There has been no building whatsoever. We have a meeting in 2 weeks where we go over everything and actually order the house.
And there likely won't be until you have a place to put the home. Though it would bother me to continue to hand them money just to hold a build time for me.

Noahsma

Foundation and septic is completed and both have passed all inspections. The modular company....ie. builder, still has to inspect it however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">