• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moldy home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sabaker

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently filed a claim with my homeowners over a mold problem. My family and myself have continually been sick for the last 2 months. We have missed work and school and I have been hospitalized, because my health has gotten so bad.
Although we do have mold coverage on our home, they are denying the claim.
They came in and looked around, they never did test the mold.
We foot the bill to have the mold tested, still awaiting the results. I am in great fear of the health effects this having on my family and myself.
We currently cannot afford a second place to live and the insurance will not provide temporary means of housing until the mold can be taken care of.

Of course they will not, because they will not even take care of the mold problem. Do we have a case to take any legal action against them, before one of us ends up in the hospital again or worse, dies from this BS!!!!

tammy8

First off, mold is a hard thing to deal with. That being said, there is some reason why the mold is there and 9 out of 10 times, it is a maintance issue. What caused the mold? Something that may have been let go for awhile because mold does become this bad of a problem within a short period of time, usually a long occuring, unrepaired problem.

claimlaw

Mold scares insurance companies. A mold claim is, to them, just the tip of an iceberg, a pandora's box; READ: Lots of money. It can be dealt with but only at large expense of time. This is a pretty complex matter with a huge number of variables. I could only respond based upon facts not in evidence.

I have given this referral previously with the following caveat; I have no relationship to them other than having used them for expert testimony; www.assuraclaims.com. They are located in or near Indiana. Sorry no numbers handy.

You should ask for a consultation. If the claim has merit, they will find it. I do not know how their fees work for insureds. It will be different than fees for litigation support, I'm guessing.

Say nothing else to the insurer until you have competent representation.

claimlaw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">