• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom is earning more money and is married with a joint income and still wants me to pay child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am not complaining about all that. my gripe is, she is not way better off than ill be, and she is still asking for more. example; over the summer, she changed jobs not once, three times. she finally settled down, got a new car, and her new job requires her to drive from client to client. so she saids to me, " I now have a new car that wastes more gas, I need you to help me with and extra amount so I can have enough gas to be able to pic up our kids from school'
really?

HRZ

OP, you don't owe one more dime than the order says you owe and if there s no order then the amount may be zero ....that said, either of you can address the formal process of getting an order in place ...you might be smart to crunch thru some of the estimators for your state ....First....Mom may be over reaching or under reaching ....Moms new car has little to do with child support math!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am not complaining about all that. my gripe is, she is not way better off than ill be, and she is still asking for more. example; over the summer, she changed jobs not once, three times. she finally settled down, got a new car, and her new job requires her to drive from client to client. so she saids to me, " I now have a new car that wastes more gas, I need you to help me with and extra amount so I can have enough gas to be able to pic up our kids from school'
really?
Then file for a formalized support and custody order.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just keep in mind...BOTH parents are free to go to court and ask for things. Your children are entitled to support from BOTH of you, and if you're not contributing beyond the cost of dental and vision insurance and the occasional pick up, Mom is perfectly free to go to court and have the court nail down what you owe.

(BTW, I know what it costs to keep children on dental and vision insurance - next to nothing.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">