• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom is moving out is going to take the kids please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iFiXBRoKeNSTuFF

WA. I think I just need a lawyer. I don't know what to do my head is just realling. My wife wants to seperate, which is fine by me, i won't try to stop her, but she immediately assumes that kids are going to go with her. I realize that the courst are typically bent towards having the kids go w/ mom, and while many people have told me to just get my check book ready and accept it there is something in my gut that is telling me this is just really wrong. Not only will my 2 children 7 and 4 be yanked from the home they have grown up in, but mostly my daughter will be moved to a different school. What can I do, this isn't right. Our daughter should not have her life completely torn apart because mom and dad can't figure things out. Can I legally stop her from taking the kids? I support the family so I am the one that works, if the kids stayed w/ me mom would have to watch them or they would have to go to a day care. So I am trying to do what is best for the kids, but it is becoming apparent that she is trying to do what is best for her.

If you are a lawyer in WA reading this i make 1800.00 a month, I will do whatever it takes, but I just need some help.

LdiJ

iFiXBRoKeNSTuFF said:
WA. I think I just need a lawyer. I don't know what to do my head is just realling. My wife wants to seperate, which is fine by me, i won't try to stop her, but she immediately assumes that kids are going to go with her. I realize that the courst are typically bent towards having the kids go w/ mom, and while many people have told me to just get my check book ready and accept it there is something in my gut that is telling me this is just really wrong. Not only will my 2 children 7 and 4 be yanked from the home they have grown up in, but mostly my daughter will be moved to a different school. What can I do, this isn't right. Our daughter should not have her life completely torn apart because mom and dad can't figure things out. Can I legally stop her from taking the kids? I support the family so I am the one that works, if the kids stayed w/ me mom would have to watch them or they would have to go to a day care. So I am trying to do what is best for the kids, but it is becoming apparent that she is trying to do what is best for her.

If you are a lawyer in WA reading this i make 1800.00 a month, I will do whatever it takes, but I just need some help.
Sorry, no, you really can't stop her from taking the kids. You both have equal legal rights where the kids are concerned, but face it, you work, she doesn't, she has access to the kids that you don't have. You have no way to stop her from leaving with them. On top of that, since she has been a stay at home mom she has obviously been the primary caretaker to the children, which gives her an edge for primary custody.

BL

You have no way to stop her from leaving with them.
Who says ? Just as a Mother can take the Children to Grandmas' or wherever , and not allow Dad to have contact until a Court Order , so can DAD , after all equal rights .

But count on Mom going down to court , if you don't get there first , to get a Temp. Custody Order .

You would do well to consult with a Family Law Attorney in your area ASAP .

LdiJ

Blonde Lebinese said:
Who says ? Just as a Mother can take the Children to Grandmas' or wherever , and not allow Dad to have contact until a Court Order , so can DAD , after all equal rights .

But count on Mom going down to court , if you don't get there first , to get a Temp. Custody Order .

Sure dad could do that. However dad works, mom doesn't, and grandma definitely can't keep the kids away from mom.

BL

LdiJ said:
Sure dad could do that. However dad works, mom doesn't, and grandma definitely can't keep the kids away from mom.

ldij , you know as well as I do how devious minds work .

Sorry , they are not here .

VeronicaGia

Blonde Lebinese said:

Exactly!

To our poster: If you want custody of the kids, you are going to have to haul yourself to court and file for temporary custody now. You snooze, you lose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">