• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom too old to drive.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moza

Not sure if this is the right area but...
I live in Washington State. My Mom who is 80 cannot drive anymore. This just came up when she was involved in an car accident a couple of months ago, which was her fault. She has a home in Palm Desert, California and just purchased a car there this spring. My sister is on the car title with her as -or- and wanted to know how to go about taking Mom's name off and adding my name with my sisters. We need to get insurance on the car and obviously can't with Mom on the title. How do I start?

ALawyer

Go to DMV and ask; usually if Mom signs the Green Title Sheet saying she is gifting her interest to you that is sufficient to change title, sometimes Mom and sis will have to sign it to you and Sis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">