• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom useing coke should i tell or no??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth_parr

What is the name of your state?MI

My boyfriend has a emergency custody hearing to go to over his 5yr old son.
We just found out last week that the child was removed from the mom's custody in 2003 for neglect. and most recently the mom was arrested driving a stolen car and the son was taken into protective custody and then placed with the grandmother the next morning. as of now we are not sure who has the kid cuz the mom bonded out of jail.
the mom has also been ignoring a court order to return the child to mi since 2002. she has been moving constantly and trying to hide with the help of her family.
the mom's stepdad,(grandmas husband) told my boyfriend that the mom has been living in and out of her car for the past 3yrs and the stolen car thing has been going on for a year. he said that the mom and her boyfriend have been stealing cars for cocaine and money. my boyfriend told the stepdad when they talked that everything said would sty between them. some of the stuff the stepdad told us the protective services worker was also aware of.
but he isn't aware that the mom has been useing cocaine and stealing cars for a year. my boyfriend says he won't tell him that info or bring it up in court because he told the stepfather he wouldn't. he also says he has no proof so bringing it up may just make him look like he is trying to bad talk the mom in an effort to get custody. I think it should be told, because it's bad for the kids, (she has 3 including his son all under the age of 5). what should i do??

thanks
beth

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There's no proof, so all it really is is badmouthing the other parent - something judges never like to see. YOUR best bet is to remain a sounding board, but to allow Dad to make his own decisions on how to best handle this.

beth_parr

I agree with that but should i at least tell the CPS worker. I can do it without telling them who I am but I am sure he will figure it came from us anyway. The step dad did say he told the police about drugs maybe the cop put it in the report and I could just let the CPS worker know ot might be in the police report. but then it just kind of looks like we are trying to dig up stuff to nail her.

beth_parr

the g-ma has yet to file anything in court and so far it's just been threats. the mom still legally retains sole custody but no one thought she was going to get out of jail this soon. and with the mom in jail the worker didn't have any real proof that the kids were in danger, which they wern't till mom got out over the weekend. so it's still against mom. i think after we get custody that g-ma will try and fight it.

T

titansfan

stay out of bf's custody battle

"we' cant go for custody-your bf can go for custody, you have NO legal rights to this child, period.stay out of it, and let your bf and his ex work it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">