• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

momincha

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momincha

What is the name of your state? TN

I have been struggling with our court system for over 2 years now. I am the CP of two teenagers. The NCP is extremely behind on his child support. I can not understand why courts issues orders and the orders seem worthless, almost like a judgment is......

I have attened court over 28 times due to several different contempt cases against him for not paying. Seems like he has more rights than this CP does, or the children....

Decree and order states that he is to provide health insurance, first 2 pages of his income tax return each year to me, 50% of uncovered medical, and child support.

I pay for the health insurance.

He has never submitted to me his income tax return, and local CS office have requested
for two years (proof of income) and he never has given proof of income

Our son had braces at the time of the divorce, and he and I were both aware that our daughter would be next to get braces. Although not medically needed, she did get braces and I make full monthly payments for her braces. I would have only hoped that he would help his daughter achieve her goal and help by providing 50% of this expense, he does not.

The state of TN has allowed his arrears to grow beyond the point of ever becoming managable. It is not because I have failed to present it to the courts, it is the courts failing my children by allowing his disregard to continue.

TN recently ammended some parts of the "Income Shares" program and even more rights have been given to the NCP. It is unfortunate that the child support systems is so slow, unconcerned, and all the while stating that their purpose is for the support and rights of the children**************

I have concluded that our system needs serious work. I am just very fortunate to have remarried a man that does help provide for my children and I. Otherwise there would be, no food, no health insurance, no prom dress, no school trips or lunches.

I know that the ncp realizes that there ARE expenses in rearing a child and HE is no different that I when it comes to support of OUR own flesh and blood. Why then would a judge continually allow for his non-support behavior...?
JUST VENTING IN TNWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">