• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mommy misses her little girl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alexia b

What is the name of your state? Washington, but my child is in Oregon. Her father got Temp status quo, and now will not let me take her out of the county that she is in. I have nowhere to stay there for my visitation. I no longer can afford motel rooms every other weekend. What are the chances of the judge granting me temp custody until this all gets settled. I am a wonderful mother, I just got into a relationship with a controlling man. I was a dancer when this all started, then I made him leave so I could stop. He had me paying all his bills, and his child support from a previous child. I no longer dance. He was abusive to me. He didn't hit me, but he would grab me by the throat. emotional abuse too. He got the temp custody of my daugter 1 week after he got out of the hospital because he was going to kill his-self. This is the second time he has been admitted for this. His father just killed his-self in feb. I am so upset that my 2 year old baby has to be in that enviroment. Child protective services wouldn't help me. It has been 3 months now and I still haven't got a chance to go to court.

Grace_Adler

What is temp status quo? Is it temp custody? I'm not sure how you would challenge that. I can't believe he got custody when he tried to commit suicide.

You do need to file for visitation immediately though if you haven't already.

Does the temp status quo say you can't take your child out of the county or is he just saying that? If it doesn't say it, you can.

Also you may want to post this in the support, custody and visitation section of the forum. You may get more responses there.

A

alexia b

The status quo is temporary custody until the judge grants custody. It states in the papers that I can take her to Washington state, if I give 1 weeks notice for up to 1 week, as long as I don't take her to Las Vegas. Since I did not agree to the temporary status quo, him and his lawyer said I cannot take her out of their county. They live 5 hours away from me. When he first left Las Vegas, He would not leave unless he took her with him. So I did not want her there while I was dancing anyways and agreed for her to visit him and his mother for one month, and then I would go pick her up when I went home. That would have given me enough time to pay off my bills and put some money in savings so I would no longer have to dance. When I got home he went to the judge and told him that he was in fear for our daughters life because I work all night and sleep all day, and he claimed that I drink everynight too. Lies to get what he wants to hurt me. When I went home I hadn't been served paperwork yet and talked to a lawyer on the phone. She told me to go get my daughter. So I went to his home and his mom served me. I didn't know that anyone can serve papers so I didn't take them. I thought it had to be an officer. Then I got my daughter and put her in the car and tried to take her. The father broke out the car window and took the keys and had me arrested for attempted interferance of child custody. The charges got dropped for that because I had no past record. That is why his lawyer says I can't bring her to WA. They say I'm a flight risk. How can I be if there is nothing on my record? This is a very messy case. I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I am suppose to get into court sometime in the next 21 days, but until then he won't let me see her. He has been messing up since he's had her. Drinking and getting into a fight , so hopefully the judge will see that.

Grace_Adler

This is a messy situation and I'm not sure what to tell you.

I do know you need to file for visitation immediately.

You also need to document everything and let the judge know that he won't let you see your child. Many judges do not like parental alienation. It may even give you more of a chance to gain custody. Tel the judge you no longer work nights and there's no reason for you not to have custody. I would also bring up the abuse and that you fear for your daughter's safety because of what he did to you. If you have any proof like a reciept for the window getting fixed from being broke, I'd bring it.

Does he have a criminal record? If so I would bring that up. Sometimes you can look it up on the net too.

Do you have a lawyer now? In some places they will let you make payments or base things on a sliding scale. You can also call the bar association and ask if they have a referral program where you can get referred to an attorney and get a consult for a reduced fee. You can also try legal aid.

Oh yeah, if you give that 1 week notice then do it certified mail, return reciept. I would do alot of communication that way. That way you'll have proof of alot of stuff if something happens.

A

alexia b

Well, I got in to court to fight for temp custody. It didn't go well. I am worried that he will go online and find this..........Is there any way I can contact you through e-mails where he cannot read this?

Grace_Adler

Yeah, you can go to the bottom of this post where it says profile, click on that and then it will say something about emails and you can email me that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">