• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom's Credit Card Continued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Big Mac

This is a continuation of the post I made yesterday regarding my mother's Mastercard and the fact that I am an authorized user on this account. According to what AT&T tells me, I am not responsible for any debt on this account since I am only listed as an authorized user. The account is listed in mom's name only. All correspondence bears her name only. I have never signed anything asking that the account be joint even though mom was able to get a card in my name with the same account number as hers. I am currently in a debt management program due to some unusually high and unexpected bills. I cannot afford to get saddled with this bill ($8000.) Should I go on and file Chapter 13 if they (AT&T) persue me? Can they legally go after me? Mom has no assets and is in a nursing home with Social Security as her sole income. This is in the state of Georgia. IAAL, I hope this gives you some more info to go on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">