• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moms will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deere run

What is the name of your state?nebraska... i am in iowa but this happened in nebraska... my mother made out a new will shortly before she passed away a year ago. my sister insisted she make it with a friend of my sisters who is an attorney. mom disclosed some of the terms of the will and stated she appointed a non relitive to be the executor, she wanted no fights between us 3 girls. i took care of mom for years going to her house everyday, and when she moved to assisted living i was still there, i took her to dr. appts, ect.... 2 sisters never did a thing, maybe a FEW things. when mom passed her new will disappeared and it reverted to an older will, and somehow my sister was named executor and somehow i had to split my share with my three children who are 29 and 31 years old. when i asked about all this i was told in front of that lawyer by my sister" good luck proving it". i got an attorney and right after he talked to my moms attorney, who is my sisters friend,he kept saying its their word against yours, do you really want to go through all that and lose? and being exhausted with the whole ordeal i just never persued it. now i wish i did. i haven't seen or talked to my sisters since then. heard my sisters split an insurance policy also. they also emptied her room at assisted living, able to since sister was listed as executor somehow, and they split the procedes of the items they sold. i never got anything but a third of my share. yep it's possible to get around a will, guess where theres a will theres a way ! how does a person know the will being read is the current one? even after all that bull____, no money in the world will ever replace what my mom and i shared!
:)

BlondiePB

deere run said:
What is the name of your state?nebraska... i am in iowa but this happened in nebraska... my mother made out a new will shortly before she passed away a year ago. my sister insisted she make it with a friend of my sisters who is an attorney. mom disclosed some of the terms of the will and stated she appointed a non relitive to be the executor, she wanted no fights between us 3 girls. i took care of mom for years going to her house everyday, and when she moved to assisted living i was still there, i took her to dr. appts, ect.... 2 sisters never did a thing, maybe a FEW things. when mom passed her new will disappeared and it reverted to an older will, and somehow my sister was named executor and somehow i had to split my share with my three children who are 29 and 31 years old. when i asked about all this i was told in front of that lawyer by my sister" good luck proving it". i got an attorney and right after he talked to my moms attorney, who is my sisters friend,he kept saying its their word against yours, do you really want to go through all that and lose? and being exhausted with the whole ordeal i just never persued it. now i wish i did. i haven't seen or talked to my sisters since then. heard my sisters split an insurance policy also. they also emptied her room at assisted living, able to since sister was listed as executor somehow, and they split the procedes of the items they sold. i never got anything but a third of my share. yep it's possible to get around a will, guess where theres a will theres a way ! how does a person know the will being read is the current one? even after all that bull____, no money in the world will ever replace what my mom and i shared!
:)
Get a copy of the will from the courthouse where mom was domiciled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">