• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Disappeared like Hudini everyone playing dumb!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisping

What is the name of your state? UK, London.
I really really want to stick it to this company for being so annoying and playing dumb.

The Story:
I transferred money to Transferwise and they promise to pay my benificiary in India (for a website)
There was a small mishap (they found out i promote CBD) which ended up in my account being suspended with Transferwise
After my account was suspended I was locked out of the Transferwise system, blind and 600 euro down!
I was unable to see any account details and the money of 600 euro went missing

They have been helpful up to the point where they demand the bank of my web design company provide a lot of information that they don't want to provide.
Clearly they know very well that without proof of non receipt then i can't get the money back from them since there isn't proof.

However, Transferwise does not provide ANY proof information at all that the funds actually left their accounts other than a "fake" receipt, and expects the benificiary and the client to do all the work to recover the funds. They give no assistance unless you can provide name, account and full working transactions till current date of their company account. How can they not have access to their company accounts? "partner banks"

I assume they collude with their partner bank ( that does the transactions for them on their behalf ) by means of legal loopholes to cause loss by witholding information and not attempting to recover funds or check bank accounts. They make no effort to help at all, which seems very suspicious.
I'm sure they could simply check their accounts and find the missing money, it should in no way be a difficult process.

Also i sent them my fee schedule requiring them to understand that my hourly administration billing rate was 150 euro per hour of my time starting from the first 1 minute of writing any correspondance if they chose to reply to me. I've spent countelss hours communicating with them about this issue and their bill has now risen to 1500 of my time or more. I seek compensation for my time and justice for what seems like collusion to cause loss and theft by ignorance.

Is it worth persuing with support or on my own and do i have any chances of success at sueing them silly for loss, theft, collusion and my administrational billed and agreed fee schedule.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Also i sent them my fee schedule requiring them to understand that my hourly administration billing rate was 150 euro per hour of my time starting from the first 1 minute of writing any correspondance if they chose to reply to me. I've spent countelss hours communicating with them about this issue and their bill has now risen to 1500 of my time or more. I seek compensation for my time and justice for what seems like collusion to cause loss and theft by ignorance.
And if this was in the U.S. the claim for compensation for your time for dealing with the issue would be a complete nonstarter as the company has no obligation to pay for that. As I understand UK law, I think you'll likely find it is the same situation there, too.

quincy

Bottom line: FreeAdvice handles US law questions only. You will want to seek assistance in the UK. The laws in your part of the world are different from the laws in our part of the world and the differences can be significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">