• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Owed to Employer...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Apelles Morales

What is the name of your state?Colorado. My child support was ceased and the garnishment of my wages was stopped. My employer over paid me with the extra support funds by pulling money from their account and sending me an extra check. I thought it was because I had money still remaining and this was an the left over amounts. They are now pulling the amount from my check. Can they pull money from my check without a repayment agreement? Can I request a payment agreement for the amount owed to my employer?

PayrollHRGuy

I'd be willing to bet that the DirectDeposit form you signed allows them to debit your account for error. Ours certainly does as do most of them I've ever seen.

PayrollHRGuy

@Apelles Morales You are welcome. Those DD forms are on my desk every day. When we get one that isn't ours (like those that get printed out by the employee's online bank) and they don't have that wording we require they complete one of ours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">