• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money owed to me by an EX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I supported an ex-boyfriend for a period of about 5-6 months. When we broke up, we agreed on an amount of $3000 that he would eventually pay me. He left me a voice mail message on my phone stating this fact and I kept this tape. He has since been hostile and refuse to come to an agreement. What are my chances? I have no receipts anymore except for Mortgage payment, copies of check. But no copies of living expenses.



Saving the tape is a good start. He can fight you and say " I never said that" well the tape will prove otherwise. You will need to take him to small claims court and get your money from him that way. Have you heard of Judge judy. I see many of your type of cases on her show. The bad thing with these type of cases is that many judges take more on the ex side and use the "you were in love with him so you wanted to pay his way" You need to prove documented proof of some things..like old phone bills and the calls he made. If you don't have any...you need to think hard of how much he used in utilities or whatever. Hope this helps a little.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential