• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money owed to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I performed wedding photography services for a studio in New Jersey. I live in Philadelphia, PA. They owe me $5,600 and I am holding the last shot for them to try to secure what is owed to me. Is this legal what I am doing?

Thank you


What does your contract state? If it states you can hold the photos until payment in full has been made and they signed to this, then yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential