• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moral issue - but is it a legal issue, also?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopeless cause

What is the name of your state? Texas

My child's father is 36 years old. He is in arrears for child support to the tune of $8000.00. He lives with his parents. He has not worked since November of 2001. He drives a brand new truck, purchased one year ago, which his father makes the payments and insurance payments on. He is a known drug dealer with a recent arrest for possession of anhydrous ammonia. This will most likely not come to trial for several reasons, one his father is a highly respected investigator for the sherriff's department.

My opinion is the $8000.00 in child support should have been cleared before the purchase of a $12,000.00 automobile. I know it is morally wrong to aide his son in nonsupport of his grandchild, but are there any legal wrongdoings?

We have a hearing on 08/23/02 for child support. I want to know if any of this information even makes a difference, or if I would be blowing hot air to even bring it up at the child support hearing.

Thank you for your time.

H

hopeless cause

I really do not know who's name the truck is in. I have a feeling it is in the grandfather's name. There are three new vehicles sitting in the driveway of their home. We have been in bankruptcy since April of 2001, and most mornings my husband's truck will hardly crank. It may all be perfectly legal, but it is an atrocity at best. Thank you for your reply.

Grace_Adler

There is a way to subpoena that info. but I'm not sure how to do it. If CSE is handling it they can do it. So it might be worth it to mention it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">