• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More Contempt - Court Date End of Oct.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swany

What is the name of your state? CA

I filed 8 counts of Contempt on my ex for not paying support. This has been an ongoing problem for years. So, we're scheduled for court - end of this month. Then this month he pays for Sept, but minus $122 then what is Ordered. This would be the first payment in 8 months. Which of course we are estatic about.

Is this another Contempt, though, for not paying the Ordered amount? He decided himself that daycare is less than what the order says and took it upon himself to lower his payment. He's in error as he hasn't taken into account non-school days and summer in his daycare estimate. My ex is impossible to email or talk to, so we go through the attorneys. Question to those of you out there....This is yet "another" contempt correct? Will the Judge consider this another Contempt even though it's not in the "original" paperwork?

Also, he's famous for cancelling his visits with his two girls very close to when the visit is to take place. Therefore, we have in our Order that he needs to purchase plane tickets 60 days prior to the flight. He's never done this according to the Order, but I've sent the girls anyways. Even though one time, he tried cancelling one day prior. So, he's supposed to make these plane reservations for Christmas on or before Oct. 18th. Court is Oct. 26th. I've emailed him stating that he needs to make his flights for the girls. Will the court consider this Contempt again if he doesn't make these flight reservations? Meaning, even though it's not on the "original" Contempt paperwork we filed back in Aug., will the Judge consider this as well in her decision? Or will she just not want to hear it?

Interested in your thoughts. Thank you.

tigger22472

The judge will address the fact that he's not paying the court ordered amount when you go to court at the end of the month, that is as long as it's brought to his attention.

As far as him not seeing the kids that's not contempt. You can't force him to exercise visitation. You're only recourse is that if he doesn't set the flight up within sixty days of visits, I believe you can refuse to send them, however I would double check that answer with your attorney before just doing as I said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">