• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More custody questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TCool

What is the name of your state? WI

First, Belize, you should be happy that I'll be seeing an attorney Monday :) . So, I don't need that advice I'm taking that advice already. I just want to try to get a little more information, because the more I know going in (even if its still not much) the easier it will be for the attorney, correct?

Anyway, if you remember my other post, I was told I may not have any rights due to legal paternity not being established yet. I did sign the voluntary paternity acknowledgement, and I just remembered recently that I did have a court order against me to pay back some medical bills that the state paid for during the pregnancy. So, would that then mean that because it went through the courts that legal paternity is established?

Also, since I was not able to talk to the attorney on the phone much because he was just heading to court, I didn't get to ask him what I should do to prepare to meet with him. Like, what I should bring, and what information I need to have. He just said, "call monday and I'll meet with ya then." Anyone have advice on what, if anything, I should do/get in preperation for a meeting with the attorney?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? WI

First, Belize, you should be happy that I'll be seeing an attorney Monday :) . So, I don't need that advice I'm taking that advice already. I just want to try to get a little more information, because the more I know going in (even if its still not much) the easier it will be for the attorney, correct?

Anyway, if you remember my other post, I was told I may not have any rights due to legal paternity not being established yet. I did sign the voluntary paternity acknowledgement, and I just remembered recently that I did have a court order against me to pay back some medical bills that the state paid for during the pregnancy. So, would that then mean that because it went through the courts that legal paternity is established?

Also, since I was not able to talk to the attorney on the phone much because he was just heading to court, I didn't get to ask him what I should do to prepare to meet with him. Like, what I should bring, and what information I need to have. He just said, "call monday and I'll meet with ya then." Anyone have advice on what, if anything, I should do/get in preperation for a meeting with the attorney?
Bring copies of any and all court orders you have. You can also write down a list of questions you want to ask, it helps alot because consult time goes very fast when you're trying to remeber what you want to ask about.

ceara19

Bring copies of any and all court orders you have. You can also write down a list of questions you want to ask, it helps alot because consult time goes very fast when you're trying to remeber what you want to ask about.
And a notebook and pen to take notes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">