• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More Than 100 Days Visitation = Reduction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommymia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My ex called tonight to inform me that he would like to keep our children after school a couple of hours per day. I don't have a problem with that, it would help me with finding after school care. However, I was told by a lawyer that if he spends any amount of time with them more than 100 days per year his child support could be reduced by half. I think this is crazy as this time would not have an impact on the amount or cost of care that must be given to them (child care was not added into our original agreement; I pay all of that, so him keeping them does not have impact on child support).

He resents the fact that he has to pay child support and has found every way he can to get out of it. I'm concerned that this is another ploy to do just that. I want my children to be able to spend time with him, and having someone else to help with them would be lovely, but I don't trust him.

Does anyone know if this is the law and, if so, exactly what kind of consideration this is given when figuring support?

CJane

When child support is figured w/a credit for time spent with the child/ren, it's COURT ORDERED time, and almost always it's based on overnights.

So no, most likely a reduction would not be ordered based on Dad offering to keep the kids for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">