• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Co. "Deleting" payment agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M. Gabriel

Can a mortgage co. delete their own repayment agreement after collecting money???
I'll start off by saying this, I'm behind 2 months on my mortgage, I accept that, though only half my fault the other half is the mortgage co. Now long and short is couldn't pay 12/2018 pymt, paid 1 1/2 mo. pymt 1/2019 with the agreement they would collect the owing balance 2/2019. Mortgage co merged with another co. keeping the same name 2/7/2019, with no notice. When the payment wasn't withdrawn I called to find out why, this was when I was told that my loan servicing would now be handled my them, though at that point they then couldn't find either of my loan numbers. I got different excuses every time I called all the while being told "don't worry your safe we can't charge any fee's or report late payments to your credit for 30 days and that I should just keep trying back. Finally 3/2019 I called again and they conveniently claim to have no information prior to 2/7/2019 this included my previous payment agreement . They claimed I owed just under 5k for Jan, Feb and March( mo. payment is $1644.42). I paid 2k 1/2019 when the original payment agreement was made, this left me only a partial mo. behind. Now with the "merge" and them not collecting any money for 2/2019 because they couldn't find my loan, they said I was now 3 mo. behind. They agreed on a repayment agreement with me for $2,100 down then a little over $600 per month thru Aug *The math doesn't add up AT ALL*. I held up my end and they collected the agreed upon amount of $2,100 then less than a week later they tell me they "deleted the agreement" and I am now in danger of losing my home. Break down, told I owe $4,933.26 for Jan, Feb & March, I have paid since Jan. $4,100 and they claim I am still behind $2,840.63. Can they do this??? Can they enter into an agreement, take my money and then "DELETE" (their words) the agreement out of their computer system and claim they have no records prior to their merge with the other co. then charge what they want??? If I don't pay what they say I owe they're going to take my house!!!

LdiJ

Can a mortgage co. delete their own repayment agreement after collecting money???
I'll start off by saying this, I'm behind 2 months on my mortgage, I accept that, though only half my fault the other half is the mortgage co. Now long and short is couldn't pay 12/2018 pymt, paid 1 1/2 mo. pymt 1/2019 with the agreement they would collect the owing balance 2/2019. Mortgage co merged with another co. keeping the same name 2/7/2019, with no notice. When the payment wasn't withdrawn I called to find out why, this was when I was told that my loan servicing would now be handled my them, though at that point they then couldn't find either of my loan numbers. I got different excuses every time I called all the while being told "don't worry your safe we can't charge any fee's or report late payments to your credit for 30 days and that I should just keep trying back. Finally 3/2019 I called again and they conveniently claim to have no information prior to 2/7/2019 this included my previous payment agreement . They claimed I owed just under 5k for Jan, Feb and March( mo. payment is $1644.42). I paid 2k 1/2019 when the original payment agreement was made, this left me only a partial mo. behind. Now with the "merge" and them not collecting any money for 2/2019 because they couldn't find my loan, they said I was now 3 mo. behind. They agreed on a repayment agreement with me for $2,100 down then a little over $600 per month thru Aug *The math doesn't add up AT ALL*. I held up my end and they collected the agreed upon amount of $2,100 then less than a week later they tell me they "deleted the agreement" and I am now in danger of losing my home. Break down, told I owe $4,933.26 for Jan, Feb & March, I have paid since Jan. $4,100 and they claim I am still behind $2,840.63. Can they do this??? Can they enter into an agreement, take my money and then "DELETE" (their words) the agreement out of their computer system and claim they have no records prior to their merge with the other co. then charge what they want??? If I don't pay what they say I owe they're going to take my house!!!
Go back to January 2018 and pull together the records of every payment you made from then forward to prove just exactly how much money you really still owe them. Provide hard copies of those records to them. If that doesn't help you then keep escalating thing up the line of supervisors until you get someone who can fix the problem.

If you are not now current with your payments under your understanding of what you owe, then get current as soon as possible (borrow from family or friends if you have to).

LdiJ

Despite the "agreement" to allow late payments, the interest accrues for the payments not made.
Yes, but if I understand correctly what went on, a few month's interest is not going to result in the current descrepancy

FarmerJ

ANY documents or copies or any other communications you send to them from now on mail via certified mail and that includes any communications that go to supervisors Keep a copy of what you mail stapled to your certified receipts SO you have a paper trail that they cannot dispute . Once this is done then I suggest you work aggressively to get one to two payments ahead of them SO they cannot ever claim you are late Nor can they assess a late fee and get to keep it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">