• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage in fathers name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Alabama. My Dad ownes a home that I now live in
due to his bad health. I have paid all taxes, insurance and
bank payments. I would like to have the home in my name, but my credit is not excellent, and I don't believe I would
be able to get the loan. I am worried if anything happened
to him I would lose the home. His loan is not assumable. What can I do. I have heard things like quit claim deeds and land sales contracts. Would either of these help my situation, or could you direct me in the right direction. Thanks.


Senior Member
There is a way and you have the right idea. Have an attorney review the mortgage docs to see which way to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential