• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Lender Lied About Credit Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvier

I started a refi process with a direct lender -- sent all docs, ready to go -- my credit score came back ( 747) 3 points below their best rate -- lender officer tells me there is nothing they can do and recommends that i can do a Rapid Rescore and see if score improves in 2-3 weeks -- I contact them again in 2-3 weeks and tell them to re-pull my credit -- lender claims they pulled the credit and it hadn't changed ( the exact same scores as 3 weeks ago) ---- I told them to hold off based on this information -- they lied to me -- the next week after they call back to inform me the rates had gone up, I tell the officer that my credit was never repulled ( I have credit monitoring from all three bureaus ) -- they said it sure was -- they then called back 30 minutes later admitting they did not re-pull -- and that rates have gone up significantly -- do i have any recourse based on the fact that they lied to me about re-pulling my credit? I made the decision to not go forward based on the information given to me by the lender - who knew it was false -- Should I ask for a rate exception? Or threaten action? Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I started a refi process with a direct lender -- sent all docs, ready to go -- my credit score came back ( 747) 3 points below their best rate -- lender officer tells me there is nothing they can do and recommends that i can do a Rapid Rescore and see if score improves in 2-3 weeks -- I contact them again in 2-3 weeks and tell them to re-pull my credit -- lender claims they pulled the credit and it hadn't changed ( the exact same scores as 3 weeks ago) ---- I told them to hold off based on this information -- they lied to me -- the next week after they call back to inform me the rates had gone up, I tell the officer that my credit was never repulled ( I have credit monitoring from all three bureaus ) -- they said it sure was -- they then called back 30 minutes later admitting they did not re-pull -- and that rates have gone up significantly -- do i have any recourse based on the fact that they lied to me about re-pulling my credit? I made the decision to not go forward based on the information given to me by the lender - who knew it was false -- Should I ask for a rate exception? Or threaten action? Thank you
What US state?

You are free to ask. Beyond that, you're likely out of luck.

jvier

California ---- I know it's probably a stretch but seems the officer negligently made false representation -- thank you though

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">