• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Partial Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yelenabean

Pennsylvania

Thank you for reading.
We agreed via email to a Partial Claim described as a "secured, non-interest bearing Subordinate Mortage Note for which no payment is due until"
-maturity
-sale
-payoff/refi
-accelerated
Our papers arrived via Fed-ex on June 1st. no sig required. The documents are dated May 26th and state: To accept P/C you must return said documents notarized no later than May 31st. *Failure to return docs by May 31 will result in automatic withdrawal of this offer without further notice. If you do not accept the P/C offer or do not return signed notarized copies by May 31,( mortgage company) will continue to pursue collection activities which may include foreclosure.
The letter continues... Moreover, collection activity on your account, including foreclosure where applicable, will continue until we timely receive signed copies of all of the above-referenced documentation from you.

I can not think of a scenario in which I could return documents before I actually received them.

Why, if the due date for return has passed, and this offer nullified should I notarize documents and send them for something they already withdrew?

Be well.

quincy

Pennsylvania

Thank you for reading.
We agreed via email to a Partial Claim described as a "secured, non-interest bearing Subordinate Mortage Note for which no payment is due until"
-maturity
-sale
-payoff/refi
-accelerated
Our papers arrived via Fed-ex on June 1st. no sig required. The documents are dated May 26th and state: To accept P/C you must return said documents notarized no later than May 31st. *Failure to return docs by May 31 will result in automatic withdrawal of this offer without further notice. If you do not accept the P/C offer or do not return signed notarized copies by May 31,( mortgage company) will continue to pursue collection activities which may include foreclosure.
The letter continues... Moreover, collection activity on your account, including foreclosure where applicable, will continue until we timely receive signed copies of all of the above-referenced documentation from you.

I can not think of a scenario in which I could return documents before I actually received them.

Why, if the due date for return has passed, and this offer nullified should I notarize documents and send them for something they already withdrew?

Be well.
Did you talk to your loan servicer about the delayed delivery of the documents requiring your signature? If not, why not? It is now June 7.

If you do nothing, it appears collection activity will continue and you could face foreclosure.

adjusterjack

That was a question that should have been asked of the collector on the day you got the papers.

You need to call them tomorrow and see if you can fix this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">