• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother adopts own child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashley6024

Arkansas. My husband has cheated and possibly has a child with another woman however paternity has not been establish because she refuses to have one because he has no right to the child. She now has stated that she has legally adopted the child as the mother and the father so he has no rights at all. It that even a thing.

Just Blue

Arkansas. My husband has cheated and possibly has a child with another woman however paternity has not been establish because she refuses to have one because he has no right to the child. She now has stated that she has legally adopted the child as the mother and the father so he has no rights at all. It that even a thing.
No. That isn't a real thing. I'm surprised you would even have to ask. Tell hubby to seek an attorney to assist establishing paternity and you should seek an attorney to help you with your divorce.

LdiJ

No, that is NOT even a thing. Your husband has the legal right to file to establish paternity. He doesn't need her permission or agreement to do so.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
BUT..... Hubby needs to file for it to be ordered by a judge. If Hubby just asks her? She's under no obligation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">