• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother getting older

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

downstlouis10

Missouri. Was told by a home health nurse, if my mom were to not be able to care for herself and they visit and declare such. They put her in a nursing home and she loses all her property. Is this true? She has will and living health stuff too. I am very confused. The home health nurse said she should not have anything in her name. Is this true? Doesn't sound right.:rolleyes:

msiron

Who do you think will pay for her care if she has ASSETS? Her neighbors, the tax payers?

Her own assets will be exhausted 1st while alive, and a will means nothing until you die, then after you die the estate will first pay any outstanding debt or liens.

moburkes

Missouri. Was told by a home health nurse, if my mom were to not be able to care for herself and they visit and declare such. They put her in a nursing home and she loses all her property. Is this true? She has will and living health stuff too. I am very confused. The home health nurse said she should not have anything in her name. Is this true? Doesn't sound right.:rolleyes:
Her assets will be used to pay for her health care. If the assets have been out of her name for more than 5 years before she applies for medicaid, then it was likely a legal transfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">