• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother selling her home..have a ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MR CJ

What is the name of your state? KY

My mother is 75 years old and has been retired for 10 years. She has not filed any income taxes since then....she is selling her home and we need to know if she needs to file income taxes. She will not be buying another home, she will be living with me....the amount is around $60,000..........

MR CJ

Snipes5 said:
Does your mother have any income other than social security?
My mother gets SS, plus she has a small retirement check for 540.00 per month...altogether she gets about 1400.00 per month.

Snipes5

She should not need to file. However, when tax time comes, gather all her papers together and go to your local H&R Block office. For a small fee, they will take all the documents and "officially" tell you whether or not she is required to file.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">