• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother & Son hurt in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LauraF

My 4 year old son & I were hurt in a auto accident. The driver of the other car ran a stop sign at high speed. My van was totaled. My son and I both sustained injuries. My question is that the other insurance company is not offering the amount of $$ to settle as I had anticipated, and I'm not sure what "fair" is anymore. Is there a guideline? How does one determine how much "pain and suffering" is worth in $$ ??

L

lars coltrane

I can only speak for this geographic region; there really is no formula for settling a case. You have to know the nature and extent of the injury, how credible will the witnesses be, including both drivers as well as the treating doctors, the cars involved, the damage to the cars, the court house, counsel, the carriers involved, and probably other factors which I just don't remember at this time.

Hope this helped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">