• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother stripped of rights. How can I as father get custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dancy478

In Georgia. My baby mama has substance abuse issues and no longer has custody of my 11year old . The baby Mama's baby daddy's mother has custody of my 11yr old as well as the 2 other kids.to The other 2 kids they stay with Grandma. But it's not my kids da grandma. . There 12 other people living in this home. And only are relatives because of my baby mamas other baby daddy. I don't have alot of money so how can I gain custody of my child and get her out of that environment. I have been lagitamized 11yrs ago by a judge.

LdiJ

In Georgia. My baby mama has substance abuse issues and no longer has custody of my 11year old . The baby Mama's baby daddy's mother has custody of my 11yr old as well as the 2 other kids.to The other 2 kids they stay with Grandma. But it's not my kids da grandma. . There 12 other people living in this home. And only are relatives because of my baby mamas other baby daddy. I don't have alot of money so how can I gain custody of my child and get her out of that environment. I have been lagitamized 11yrs ago by a judge.
Well, first, if you want to be taken seriously by the courts or CPS, if CPS is involved, then you need to stop using the terms "baby mama" and "baby daddy".

Translation:

"In Georgia. My child's mother has substance abuse issues and no longer has custody of my 11 year old. My child's mother has other children and the paternal grandmother of those children has custody of them, and my daughter as well. The grandmother is not my child's grandmother. There are 12 other people living in the home. Their only relationship to my child is because my child is a half sibling of the other children. I don't have a lot of money so how can I gain custody of my child and get her out of that environment? I legitimized my child 11 years ago in court."

Dancy, a lot will depend on how active you have been in your child's life. Are there currently any parenting orders or any other kind of court orders regarding your child? How much time have you spent with her in the last 11 years? Where do you live in relation to where the child is currently living? Lets start with the answers to those questions and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">