• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother the( defendant)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Let look at the math . The total in a 2 week block is 14 overnights:
  1. 7/14 and 7/14 would be 50% each with small marginal error
  2. Therefore : if we have 10/14 and 5/14 would be 70% and 30%
  3. Repeat the cycles in a 14 days block. This would translate for 12months.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let look at the math . The total in a 2 week block is 14 overnights:
  1. 7/14 and 7/14 would be 50% each with small marginal error
  2. Therefore : if we have 10/14 and 5/14 would be 70% and 30%
  3. Repeat the cycles in a 14 days block. This would translate for 12months.
Now you're saying that you have the kid for 15 days out of every 28, vs the 10-12 in a month you mentioned before?

You should talk to an attorney - because you can't communicate very well?

Maybe the math is confusing..... if I have the child 10~12 over nights in a given 14days period.
In a 28days spans. I would end up with 20~24. The range is there to estimate the variability.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
In court of law, does court take statements with out any evidence and make a decision ?
The court may take into account relevant witness testimony, assuming that you didn't successfully object to that testimony. You'd object to it if the testimony would violate some rule of evidence, like the rule against hearsay. Certainly the mother's testimony as to what her expenses are and how often she has the child would be relevant testimony and wouldn't violate any rules of evidence. Not everything needs to have documentation to back it up (though it certainly helps).

You've had the trial so all you can do now is wait and see what the judge decides.

LdiJ

I get 10-12 overnight monthly depending on night shift for the past 2yrs. I have not refused to do my duty.
Mom is completely within her rights to ask that a custody schedule be designed around her night shifts. If she is only working 6 overnights in a two week period then she has ample days off where she could have the child.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Mom is completely within her rights to ask that a custody schedule be designed around her night shifts. If she is only working 6 overnights in a two week period then she has ample days off where she could have the child.
She can always ask. That doesn't mean she'll get it, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">