• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion for dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grman

I have two misdemeanor convictions, owi and assault. On the assault I hired an attorney and he told me I would plead no contest (no admission of guilt). When I went to plead the attorney told me I would be pleading to A&B. I'm having trouble with employment background checks. I recently saw a different attorney and he said I could file for a motion for dismissal on the grounds that the conviction is hurting my employment opportunities and the girlfriend was never hurt or wanting the charges to happened in the first place. The girl is willing to sign an affadivat to these circumstances. The lawyer says I have about a 50-50 chance of getting this motion. Is this true? I have been burned by a previous lawyer (felt like he just took my money and never realy did anything). If this motion is possible how do I find a good lawyer to win this? What questions should I ask when looking for a lawyer?

Thanks for your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">