• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion For Relief from Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The Guardian

Nevada Mediation and amendment of Decree was done in October 2015. The Attorneys for Plaintiff and Defendant both appeared while the defendant was in another room. I was the Guardian for the Plaintiff I thought. Found out the guardianship was not completed when the plaintiffs attorney stated that all I needed to do was the Oath and that could be done in her office. This was a year after the amendment of the decree and the plaintiff disagreeing with it. The attorney has made it seem like it was okay and now it seems like the attorney was not on the plaintiffs side and withdrawals from the case when the QDRO for the Money Purchase Account, has not been signed off by the Judge due to the defendants attorney not in agreement with it as it did not conform to the decree. In the decree it states that certain third parties to be paid from the Money Purchase Account which can not be done. This was told to the attorneys at the time of the Mediation by me but they continued on with the amendment of the decree and still included these third parties to be paid. I assume the attorneys both agreed to send the QDRO to the Union to be approved and then sent to the Judge but that was when the defendant objected to it.
This has been going on now since April of 2016 with no resolution. Then when his (plaintiff) attorney filed for the withdrawal and was granted in 2018. She held off on filing it for 1 year, then filed it when I start asking what about the decree being sign under duress because the defendants attorney stated that " I better sign and he better sign because the Judge would be upset and we didn't want that" knowing the plaintiff was already scared of the Judges threats and other things..
I can't think of anything else I can do except ask for relief as the plaintiffs attorney had done motions for reconsideration and said that it would be in Judges chambers and he was not needed. These Motions turned out to change things like giving the defendant property that was not community and the attorney knew this and had the evidence but never used it. Just not sure what to do now since he can not afford another attorney. Also, the plaintiff needed a Guardian as he had a stroke and was on very heavy medication. His Attorney stated he should be there even though I was the Guardian to sign paperwork they had him sign too even though the doctors stated it was not in his best interest plus that was the reason for the guardianship? His attorney never would give us any answers to anything that she did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">