• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion to reopen chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slobbydog

What is the name of your state? CA (Central district)

I need to re open chapt 7 BK to include a judgement. I need a sample motion to reopen and a sample order. I also need a sample motion to admend schedule F to add the creditor and order if that is required. I assume I serve the motion by mail to only the creditor I want to ad and not anyone one else.

I would appreciative if anyone can email me me samples

If anyone also has the info on appropriate way the central courts like their motions done (add blue backs with holes already punched in?). And do I use the standard cover sheets the central district requires as in the original bk 7 filing?

slobbydog

more confused

the link you gave me was from a trustee of indiana. this is a CA case, specificaly central district of CA. From what I've read I need to file a motion to reopen and a motion to amend the bk 7.

I don't see how i can go about it without filing the motion. has anyone reopened a discharged BK chap 7 without filing a motion? how would you do that??!!

bigun

Reread the article. Where the trustee is located is immaterial.
The article specifically references the 9th circuit of which, the central district of Ca. is a part .
Who is telling you need to reopen.

Ladynred

Agree 100% with Bigun and I posted that link to that Trustee's article originally. You do not have to re-open a BK to add a forgotten creditor in the 9th district, which includes ALL of CA.
The courts in most districts find it completely unnecessary in a no-asset Ch 7 scenario.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">