• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motions court tomorrow and need some legal help – Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dad4457

I'm prepping for motions court tomorrow. Motions court in PA is the initial step in determining of something goes to trial or not. It can be thrown out or accepted and a court date to be set. I am trying to motion for the case to be thrown out (at this time) because we have a pending custody case.

My first question is: In Pennsylvania, does custody have to be established before the courts can consider to hear any relocation motions? And if so can anyone point me to the reference (XYZ vs. XYZ) Note that there are no reasons like abuse or any pressing issues that would prompt the need for an expedited or emergency hearing..

I was in the county law library for two hours today pouring over the Pennsylvanian family law books and my head is spinning. Second question, is there a link to easily find sections in the PA family law guide?

Thanks and any assistance would be much appreciated.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I'm prepping for motions court tomorrow. Motions court in PA is the initial step in determining of something goes to trial or not. It can be thrown out or accepted and a court date to be set. I am trying to motion for the case to be thrown out (at this time) because we have a pending custody case.

My first question is: In Pennsylvania, does custody have to be established before the courts can consider to hear any relocation motions? And if so can anyone point me to the reference (XYZ vs. XYZ) Note that there are no reasons like abuse or any pressing issues that would prompt the need for an expedited or emergency hearing..

I was in the county law library for two hours today pouring over the Pennsylvanian family law books and my head is spinning. Second question, is there a link to easily find sections in the PA family law guide?

Thanks and any assistance would be much appreciated.
You left it a little late, didn't you? :cool:
http://www.womenslawproject.org/NewPages/hrSelfHelp_Publications.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">