• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Samanthab258

Michigan
I need to know how to get a motion heard in a District Court in Michigan. Any help appreciated . Thanks.

Jeter

What kind of motion is it? Is it in regard to a civil case, or a criminal case?

The content of a motion is very important because it explains to the court and your opponent what you are asking for, and the legal authority that supports your right to that relief. You may want to consult an attorney privately to review whatever you put together before you file it, to make sure that it is legally sufficient.

The Michigan State Court Administrator's Office web site has PDF versions of a lot of approved court forms, some of which are "motions". Go to http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/courtforms/. If you find something you can use, most of the forms let you "fill in the blank" right on the screen and print it out.

Jeter

S

Samanthab258

Hi and thanks for the response. It's a criminal misdemeanor case. Post trial motion. I'd like to get it heard before the sentencing. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

S

Samanthab258

I haven't been able to get an attorney. I've talked to at least 4. Two wanted $10,000 - $15,000 and the other two didn't want to take the case. So basically I wasn't able to get one and had to represent myself and now I'm out of time and just need to get this motion heard by the judge. I haven't been able to find a lawyer willing to act as a coach and time is running out so I'll just have to do the best I can. My main problem is that they won't hear the motion. Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">